We are the Scottish Energy Association (SEA), the membership organisation for the energy industry in Scotland. Previously known as the Industrial and Power Association (IPA), we have now developed to become the SEA and we wanted to take the opportunity to reintroduce ourselves and explain what we are all about.
At SEA we are dedicated to strengthening commercial ties and ensuring the best possible opportunities for businesses involved across the energy supply chain. In representing the industry we work with many stakeholders including members who design and build new generating plant, decision makers & environment experts, entrepreneurs & utilities and MSP’s & investors.
Representing some of the industry’s leading players, our job is to assist all of our members in offering an informed voice across the industry on energy matters to legislators, regulators, decision makers and the media in all it’s current forms.
We aim to be as transparent as possible so that the consumer is also fully informed as to what the industry is doing. It is important to SEA that all energy matters are understood and communicated properly to both members and consumers alike.
In joining the Scottish Energy Association, Members will benefit from:
- Meeting individuals and companies across the energy supply chain
- Keeping abreast of energy industry developments
- Accessing our market intelligence service and ENERGYStore
- Attending frequent cross energy sector presentation from peers
- Becoming better known in the energy industry
- Getting involved in key energy industry events and presentations
- Receiving regular news updates covering the energy industry
- Informing energy policy makers
- Liaising internationally with energy related associations
- Learning of local and international energy business opportunities
Existing members can access even more news and updates about SEA via our website as well as details of our upcoming events. Click here to find out more about how to join SEA.